Friday, June 10, 2011

How do you see it?


Here is a poem that I read in a book once. I memorized because I found it interesting. In one light it may seem like a happy ending, with the land being free of danger. In another light it may seem like the land will meet the end. Here is the poem.

Sisters four with poison breath,
Bring the land a long slow death,
But death comes swiftly if you dare,
To find each sisters' hidden lair.
Their songs' like secret rivers flow,
To hold the peril deep below,
And if at least their voices cease,
The land will find a final peace.
-Emily Rodda


So what do you think? Good or bad? I'm not going to say what it turned out to be in the book because I think everyone should be able to see it in their own way.

1 comment:

  1. Hmm....doesn't seem like a happy ending to me....sounds like death for the land

    ReplyDelete